Please Help Re-stock Our Food Pantry, Community Kitchen, and Residential Facilities!
Our Food Pantry and Community Kitchen both collect food. Typically, non-perishable food items can be be distributed at the Food Pantry (100 W. Main Street in Carrboro), while prepared food and bulk items go to our Community Kitchen (100 W. Rosemary Street) for preparing meals.
Please make sure your food donations are not expired and do not contain alcohol.
If you are making a large donation, please notify us ahead of time.
- Canned meats/tuna
- Canned vegetables (hold off on corn and green beans for now)
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Dried Beans
- Canned fruit
- Peanut Butter
- Grits/Oatmeal packets
- Paper Bags with handles
Personal Care Products
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss
- Razors and shaving cream
- Soap and shampoo
- Feminine products
- Blankets, washed (cold months)
- Space Heaters (cold months)
- Box Fans (warm months)
- Cooking Oils
- Hot sauce (i.e., Texas Pete)
- Salad dressing
- Bath towels/washclothes
- Diapers--all sizes (HomeStart)
- New Socks
- New Underwear
- Personal Care Products (see list above)
- Twin size sheets/pillowcases
- Coats/hats/gloves (cold months)