A strong staff/volunteer partnership ensures that IFC delivers a variety of high-quality services including: advocacy and community education; food programs; Hispanic services; prevention strategies; and residential services.
The IFC works everyday to alleviate poverty in the Chapel Hill/Carrboro community, especially among vulnerable populations. This includes:
- households that lack adequate financial resources to maintain their independence;
- women and their children experiencing family violence;
- people experiencing homelessness;
- those who have lost their jobs; and
- workers who earn less than a living wage.