Applications are available here or may be picked up at 110 West Main Street in Carrboro.
Position: Permanent Supportive Housing Case Manager Reports to: Residential Services Director
Status: Full-Time, Exempt Compensation: $39,795 annually with full benefits
Seeking Full Time Case Manager for IFC’s Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) program, providing scattered-site housing for the community’s most vulnerable individuals and families formerly experiencing chronic homelessness. The PSH Case Manager will provide assistance with rental and housing stability and case management services that result in ending homelessness for individuals and families.
Work with partner service providers to determine prospective members’ eligibility for PSH program
- Work with members to find suitable housing, and perform unit inspections
- Liaise between landlords and members to ensure successful rental agreements and move-in
- Develop Housing Assistance Plans with members, and provide intensive case management regularly to connect members with services and resources
- Coach members on tenancy skills, and educate landlords about members’ needs, facilitating conflict resolution between members and landlords and between members and neighbors
- Maintain relationships with landlords and recruit new landlords as needed
- Uphold all IFC and HUD documentation and program requirements.
- Track and provide data to Residential Service Director related to program outcomes and outputs
- Attend weekly supervision meetings, periodic agency meetings, and trainings as scheduled.
- Work hours may vary each week, but typically will be day-time weekday hours
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Must be responsible and organized with good interpersonal, communication, and computer skills.
- Prefer candidates with experience working in Social Work or Peer Support roles. Must have understanding of mental health, substance abuse, and homelessness.
- Candidates must embrace the Housing First, Harm Reduction, and Trauma-Informed Care models of service delivery.
- Cooperative attitude and ability to work on a team as well as independently
- Desire and ability to work with people of different backgrounds and personality types
- Ability to sit up to 3-6 hours per day with intermittent occasional walking and standing.
- Occasionally may be required to lift items up to 10 pounds to a height up to 7 feet.
- Occasionally may be required to carry items up to 10 pounds for distances up to one block.
- Must possess valid NC driver’s license and proof of insurance
Please email resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. No phone calls. EOE