Please complete the application form for positions that are of interest.
Position Announcement – Residential Staff
Application Deadline: December 2, 2019
Position: Residential Staff
Reports to: Program Manager
Status: Casual Part-time (on call, prn) Compensation: $14.25 per hour
Seeking applicants for Part-time/On-call Residential Staff position for IFC Shelters for individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Chapel Hill (Community House for men and HomeStart for women and families). Must be interested in providing resident-centered quality services that are consistent with the agency’s core values and commitment to racial equity and social justice. A high level of importance is placed on culturally-competent, trauma-informed interactions using a harm-reduction and housing-focused approach.
- Must be responsible and organized with good interpersonal, communication, and computer skills.
- Responsibilities can be demanding and include: empowering residents, assisting residents in finding permanent housing, managing crisis situations as they arise, coaching residents on community living expectations, facilitating conflict resolution, maintaining a safe and clean environment (e.g. monitoring daily chores and pitching in as needed), supervising volunteers, planning and preparing meals using safe food preparation techniques, processing donations, record-keeping, and providing transportation occasionally using agency vehicles.
- Must attend weekly staff meetings, periodic agency meetings, and trainings as scheduled
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Work hours will vary each week, but typically will range between 6 and 20 hours per week. Some hours will be scheduled ahead of time and some will be fill-in on short notice. Must be flexible in availability to work weekdays, evenings, weekends, and most importantly, on short notice and on holidays
- Position is considered Essential Staff during emergencies, including inclement weather
- Prefer candidates with experience working in a residential setting or in Social Work or Peer Support.
- Ability and desire to work with people of different backgrounds and personality types
- Must have understanding of causes of homelessness.
- Candidates with valid drivers’ license and good driving record will be prioritized.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Experience cooking for large groups of people, using portion control, with knowledge of food and kitchen safety procedures
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and computer communication skills
Please email resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com. Position open until filled. IFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A completed employment application will be needed.