Applications are available here or may be picked up at 110 West Main Street in Carrboro.
Position: Shelter Case Manager Reports to: Program Manager
Status: Full-time, Regular, Non-Exempt Compensation: $17.63/hour with full benefits
Seeking Full Time Case Manager for IFC’s Homeless Shelter program, providing resource referrals and crisis intervention to Community House residents, assisting in addressing housing needs and accessing other resources. A high level of importance is placed on culturally-competent, trauma-informed interaction with members using a harm-reduction and housing-focused approach.
- Provide initial information and screening for potential residents to determine eligibility, and complete intakes
- Develop a service plan with each resident, focusing on finding housing, with referrals to resources as needed
- Meet with each participant engaged in case management in the frequency that best serves their case plan
- Actively work with team to implement decisions made by the team, and report back to the team on progress
- Create and maintain files in an organized and accessible manner
- Enter and provide accurate, current data into electronic databases as needed for program reports
- Maintain regular, clear and thorough communication with the Program Manager, and other staff
- Assist residents in navigating the community living environment by managing crisis situations as they arise, coaching residents on community living expectations, facilitating conflict resolution, maintaining a safe and clean environment, supervising volunteers, planning and preparing meals using safe food preparation techniques, processing donations, and providing transportation occasionally using agency vehicles
- Develop and maintain relationships with representatives in partner agencies
- Attend weekly supervision meetings, periodic agency meetings, and trainings as scheduled.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Appropriate education or experience in human services, including demonstrated experience working with households experiencing homelessness, substance abuse, and/or mental health concerns
- Prior experience and understanding of causes of homelessness, Housing First, Harm Reduction, Trauma-Informed Care
- Valid driver's license; at least state required minimum of auto insurance
- Computer literacy (i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.); Ability to learn internal databases
- Ability to work on a team and independently; cooperative attitude with residents, co-workers, and leadership
- Is considered Essential Staff during emergencies, including inclement weather
- Work hours will be primarily second shift, but require flexibility to work some first shifts
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for internal candidates is February 20, 2019.