Please Help Re-stock Our Food Pantry, Community Kitchen, and Residential Facilities!
Our Food Pantry and Community Kitchen both collect food. Typically, non-perishable food items can be be distributed at the Food Pantry (110 W. Main Street in Carrboro), while prepared food and bulk items go to our Community Kitchen (100 W. Rosemary Street, corner of Columbia) for preparing meals.
Please make sure your food donations are not expired and do not contain alcohol.
If you are making a large donation, please notify us ahead of time. Also, for any donation, you may want to avoid how very hectic it can be at the Pantry on Mondays--we love for you to donate, but hate to make each other feel frazzled!
For non-food items we need regularly or currently, please see the list of Personal Care Products under the Pantry, below, and the list under "Residential Facilities", further below.
- Canned tuna, other meats
- Milk (dried/canned/shelf-stable)
- Macaroni & cheese boxes
- Canned fruit
- Canned baked beans/pork & beans
- Instant coffee (many people don't have a coffeemaker)
- Instant meal items, like instant potatoes, pasta, rice, etc.
- Canned pasta for kids, like ravioli, Spaghetti-Os, etc.
- Corn bread mix, other baking mixes
- Crackers (saltines and others)
- Fresh produce (extras from your garden welcome)
- Canned vegetables (hold off on corn and green beans for now)
- Dried beans
- Grits/Oatmeal packets
- Paper Bags with handles
Personal Care Products--
- Toilet paper
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toothbrushes and floss
- Razors and shaving cream
- Soap and shampoo
- Feminine products
- Box Fans (warm months)
- Blankets, washed (cold months)
- Space Heaters (cold months)
- Cooking Oils
- Hot sauce (i.e., Texas Pete)
- Salad dressing
- Size 3XL or larger clothing
- Bar Soap, full-sized
- Long-length padlocks
- Reading glasses
- Nail Clippers
- Pill organizers/boxes
- Adjustable height walking canes
*We do not need or have the capacity to accept other toiletry or clothing items at this time
*Please take clothing items to the PTA Thrift Shop, as our residents receive vouchers to receive free clothing there
- Plastic cereal bowls
- Drinking cups
- Iron/ironing board
- Twin Sized sheet sets
- Diapers – sizes 3, 4, 5 (not sizes 1 and 20
- New underwear (sizes 7, 8, 9, 10)
- Key Padlocks
*Please take any other donations to the PTA Thrift Shop