Homelessness Prevention and Meeting Basic Needs
110 W. Main Street, Carrboro, NC 27510
The Crisis Intervention Program is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
For Rent/Utility Assistance:
The IFC schedules appointments BY PHONE ONLY.
Call 919-929-6380 x19 Tuesdays beginning at 9 AM.
No calls accepted before 9:00. Please leave a message, and we will schedule appointments until all appointments for the week are full. The bill must be past due. We can assist once every 12 months.
The Crisis Intervention program serves local households and persons in need by providing food, clothing, rent, utility assistance, help obtaining IDs, transportation, information and referrals. Anyone who lives or works in Chapel Hill or Carrboro may call or visit us when they are faced with economic uncertainty, an illness, or hardship that could lead to homelessness. Trained volunteers and professional staff assess clients' needs and provide a compassionate response to personal and household emergencies.
Members of IFC Community Services may be eligible for:
- Assistance with rent and/or utilities once every 12 months.
- Household grocery allotments every month on an as-needed basis (see "Food Pantry")
- Clothing vouchers for the PTA Thrift Shop once every six months
- Medication in case of an emergency
- Help getting an ID every two years
- Bus passes for appointments, interviews, funerals or emergencies