Emergency Financial Assistance
Emergency Financial Assistance is located at 110 W. Main Street in Carrboro by appointment.
- For help with rent or utilities, call the Emergency Financial Assistance Line on Tuesday mornings at 9 am. The number is 919-929-6380 x2024.
- Navigator services (access to phone and computer and other resources) will be provided by a combination of IFC staff, SOHRAD (Street Outreach, Harm Reduction and Deflection) program and interns and volunteers, generally Monday-Friday between 9am and 3:30pm.
The Crisis Intervention program serves local households and persons in need by providing food, clothing, rent, utility assistance, help obtaining IDs, transportation, information and referrals. Anyone who lives or works in Chapel Hill or Carrboro may call or visit us when they are faced with economic uncertainty, an illness, or hardship that could lead to homelessness. Trained volunteers and professional staff assess clients' needs and provide a compassionate response to personal and household emergencies.
Members of IFC Community Services may be eligible for:
- Assistance with rent and/or utilities once every 12 months.
- Household groceries and hygiene items every month on an as-needed basis (Community Market)
- Clothing vouchers for CommunityWorx once every six months
- Medication in case of an emergency
- Help getting an ID every two years
- Bus passes for appointments, interviews, funerals or emergencies