Dear Local Food and Restaurant Community,
Thank you to the restaurants who have already signed up for RSVVP on November 9th this year. If you haven’t signed up, it's not too late! I hope you will join your colleagues and IFC this year for this much-anticipated annual fund-raiser to benefit food security efforts in our community.
What is RSVVP?
Restaurants that participate in RSVVP agree to donate 10% of their gross receipts for the day to IFC's food security programs. Since the event’s inception in 1989, this partnership between restaurants and IFC has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to relieve hunger right here in our area.
Why should my food establishment participate?
- This event will drive additional business to you on the day of the event.
- RSVVP will be publicized through IFC and Carrboro Business Alliance.
- RSVVP Day has a large and loyal following that looks forward to the event.
- If you sign up, we will publicize your restaurant's participation and encourage our community to order take-out for themselves or someone else, dine-in as available, and purchase gift cards and merchandise.
This year, the event will take place on Tuesday, November 9th.
WHAT IFC FOOD SECURITY PROGRAMS DO:
- IFC's Community Kitchen is the only place to receive a free hot meal every day of the year in Orange County.
- IFC hosts the only member-choice market where visitors select the groceries their household needs at no charge.
- IFC served 256,531 meals in FY2020-21.
- IFC distributed 735 holiday meals to local families in November and December 2020.
- IFC's Community Market provided 14,153 bags of local produce, pantry staples, and personal hygiene items in FY2020-21.
If you would like to participate, please email me:
1. Name of food establishment
2. First and last name of contact person
3. Best phone number and email
By responding, you agree to provide 10% of your gross receipts on RSVVP Day, November 9, 2021.
We know that the pandemic has hit restaurants very hard. You have always supported IFC with the shared goal of making sure people are well fed. Thank you. Together we will continue to work through the challenges our community faces.
On behalf of everyone at IFC,
Development and Communications Director